You probably already know that the Daybreak Triathlon is great. 2018 marks the 10th year of this event, and it has sold out every year since the beginning. But what is so great about the swim course in particular? Good question...
1. The point-to-point swim. Let's face it, it's more fun to swim somewhere, rather than in a circle. Our athletes have loved the point-to-point swim ever since we added it to the event in 2011. The course makes it fun for the triathletes and spectators alike. It's really cool to climb up on the surrounding hills and watch the swim.
2. Time Trial Start! This might just be the best thing ever. Don't worry about feeling like you are caught in a washing machine. We start everyone one person at a time. You get your own, individual, start time. Now you can concentrate on your form and worry about getting your goggles kicked off 17 times.
3. Great course for beginners. We encourage competitive and beginner athletes alike. We hear from a lot of beginners that they love the swim because they are always close to the shore and they can make their way over to the lake's edge if they have trouble.
4. The water is FINE! Mountain lakes are super cold this time of year. But the Oquirrh Lake in Daybreak is just right.
5. Close to home. You don't have to trek up the canyon for an open-water swim event. We're just 20 minutes from downtown SLC. And when it's all over, there are plenty of options for lunch.
We hope you join us for the 10th annual Daybreak Triathlon on June 2, 2018, and experience, what many consider to be the best open-water swim in Utah, for yourself.
Learn More >>>